Part 2: Reading (32 – 41 minutes)
• Multiple choice, choose single answer
• Multiple choice, choose multiple answers
• Re-order paragraphs
• Reading: Fill in the blanks
• Reading & writing: Fill in the blanks
Study tips can make your work easier and more successful. Firstly, you need to acquire the words, grammar and structures of the language. As you go along, you need to use the language (which is one of the best ways of learning it as well). The few minutes before you switch off the light is a fantastic time for memorization.
Here are some simple and effective ways to help you build reading skills to better understand.
Follow these few PTE Tips and Strategies For 79+
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
• Read the question first so that you know what you should focus on. After having a glance at the question and the options, start reading the text. Choose only one option which you think is right. On an average, you should not be spending more than 2 minutes on each question.
• Though it looks easy, multiple choice questions are quite tricky and challenging. So, read every given information carefully.
• Pay attention to adjectives, nouns and repeated words as it will help you find the correct responses quickly
• If you are not able to find out correct responses, start eliminating the ones which are least likely to be correct
• Look for the topic sentence that can stand alone. Every paragraph written in a logical order begins with a topic sentence. Unlike other sentences that follow to support ideas, links, facts and other information later in the paragraph, the topic sentence does not begin with any linker and can give you the much needed opening.
• Search for the Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives and time-related phrases. Pronouns such as he, she, they, these, those etc. will help you establish the right order quickly. Sentences beginning with Pronouns will never come first in the order.
• Pay attention to the clue-words
• Aim to spend no more than 3-4 minutes on any re-order the paragraph question
Fill in the blanks
• There is no negative marking, so answer all the questions even if you are not sure.
• Read the passage to comprehend its overall meaning. This will help you pick the right word that fits in context to the given blank.
• Options provided in the drop down menu are quite deceptive and appear similar. However, they carry different meanings and are used in different contexts. So, do not rush in making the choices.
• Concentrate on the parts of speech before and after the blank, it will help in finding the missing word.
• Most of the time, missing word will have a synonym in the text provided.
• Spend approximately 2 minutes on each question.
For PTE Tips and Tricks in speaking
For PTE Tips and Tricks in Writing
PTE Slot Booking